News & Advice

What Do I Need To Bail Someone Out Of Jail?

bonding someone out of jail

What Do I Need To Bail Someone Out Of Jail?

How does a bail bond work? What will be required of you to qualify for bailing someone out of jail?

There are 3 options when it comes to bailing someone out of jail.

  1. You can pay the whole bail amount to the legal entity holding the defendant
  2. You can hire the services of a bondsman and pay about 10 percent of the charged fee
  3. Or allow the defendant remain in jail until they see a judge

Almost all people show up to court, there are only a few that don’t make it.

Below is What You Need to Qualify for Bailing Someone Out of Jail or Signing on a Bail Bond

If you are prepared to get someone bailed out of jail on the basis of paying the full bail amount, you have to ensure that the person returns back to court at the required time – so you get your money back and everyone stays happy.

Choosing a bonding company to cover the bail bond on your behalf would also require that the defendant shows up in court for the same reason. In the case that the defendant jumps bail and doesn’t return – the bonding company become responsible for the full bail amount. However, as a co-signer on the bail bond, such financial liability will be shifted to you. See what happens if you bail someone out of jail.

All that is needed from you is a ‘guarantee’ that the defendant will show up for court at the end – you will be held accountable for the whole bail fee if they don’t.

We have ways of tracking people down and bringing them to court, it is part of their contract that they check in. When they don’t, we go find them and bring them to jail. The chances that someone escapes court is very rare. – Second Chance Bail Bonds

A bail bond agency also wants to be sure that you are qualified enough to cover the cost of the entire bail amount in the event that the defendant doesn’t show up in court.

In general, to qualify as a co-signer on a bail bond, you may need some or all of the following:

  • A valid driver’s license
  • Proof of residence such as lease agreement or current utility bill
  • Proof of income
  • And must be 25 years of age and above
  • Security deposit where required

Need A Butler County, KS Bondsman? 24/7 Availability | (316) 744-5808 – Ask Us Anything